Your project is unique. Each piece of work will be assessed on an individual basis, taking into account your requirements and how much work is involved.
Giving your words a final polish before publishing, I will:
• check spelling, grammar and punctuation
• check for consistent use of already correctly spelt words
(e.g., -ise or -ize endings, -ed or -t endings, consistent hyphen use)
• check numbers are presented consistently
• check capital letters are used correctly and consistently
• check artwork and figures are labelled correctly
• check your organisation’s house style has been applied correctly
£12 per 1000 words**
Pulling your words together at draft stage, I will:
• carry out all the checks included under ‘Proofreading’
• suggest minor word changes to improve clarity, flow and style
• suggest structural improvements, if needed
• review for continuity and consistency
• flag up anything that seems unclear, obvious factual mistakes or dubious statements
• flag up any obvious copyright, moral or libel issues
• flag up where there appears to be something missing from the text
• make sure the contents page matches the section headings
• make sure footnotes and references are all present
£17 per 1000 words**
I can work in the format that suits the needs of your project:
I use Track Changes and Comments. You will be able to see all the changes so you can then decide to accept or reject each one.
I use mark-up tools and comments.
You will then apply the suggested
edits directly to your document.
I use British Standards Institution (BSI)
your provided hard copy.